W RIGBY & SON LTD Agricultural Feeds & Processors of food co-products

History

Our History

Winston Rigby formed the business in 1949 with two pigs left over from the 'Dig for Victory' campaign of the Second World War. He was joined by his father, William Rigby, following his redundancy from the aircraft industry as it stood down from the war effort.

In a time of food rationing, the government of the day supported farming activities including this fledgling business that started on a small-holding in Levenshulme owned by Manchester Corporation.

In the early 1960s, with 600 pigs, the business outgrew the now city centre location at Levenshulme and so moved to it's present Head Office site at Chinley House Farm in Derbyshire.

On the passing of William and Winston, the day to day running of the business was taken over by the third generation of the Rigby family and at the Millennium John and Chris were joined by John’s son Simon Rigby as a Director of the recently formed company W Rigby & Son Ltd.

Since the company was formed, it has grown from a small holding to a multiple site business operating with 4 farms in Derbyshire, Staffordshire and most recently in Nottinghamshire, employing over 20 staff and running a much diversified business from the original pig production to animal feed production and property rental.

Accreditations

femas

FEMAS Accredited Animal Feed


red tractor

Red Tractor Accredited Farms